As of this month, I will be taking over the blog....it's me Amy :) Evan has been so wonderful to keep up with the blog up until this point but since I am the one with all the free time now, I am taking over.
Some of you might be saying to yourselves "Evan didn't do such a great job of keeping up with the posts!" but in his defense he was spending most of his time either working or helping me do school work or housework because I was always doing school work. The other thing you must know about my husband that will help you understand the long spances of time between posts, is that he is an excellent writer but also kind of a perfectionist when it comes to his writing. Those of you who have kept up with our blog have realized the excellent writer part. So in all honesty, while the blog will be updated more frequently with me taking over posting, you may have to lower your expectations for quality. I love to write but there is a reason that Evan proofed all of the recommendation letters and speeches I wrote while I was teaching. Don't worry, I will have him proof most of my posts so there will be some level of quality control.
Now you may be wondering why all of a sudden I have all this free time. While yes, it is summer time so school is out, the biggest reason is that I am not going back to teach in the fall. What will I be doing you may ask; I will be a housewife! This may or may not be the long-term plan but it is definitely the plan for the next year. I will post later about this whole subject for the sake of trying to keep this post brief. All I will say now is that while I will miss teaching and I hope that I will have opportunities to do so in the future, I have a peace about our decision and am loving my new life :)
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay! Welcome to blogland, Amy! I can't wait to read what you're up to in your new life as a housewife. Sounds like it will be filled with fun times and REST!
ReplyDeleteYAY! I'm so glad you'll be keeping us updated on your lives. And I'm so excited to read about your exciting new life. Yay for Amy! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete