Thursday, June 26, 2008
Greater Things Are Yet to Come...
Yesterday (Wednesday) I volunteered at KSBJ's Share-a-thon (http://www.ksbj.org/sharathon/index.php) by answering phones and entering pledges to the system. It was a blast and I highly recommend it to anyone. I only wish I could have done again today. It was so encouraging to hear people's stories and how God was working in their lives. I was truly blessed by being there. Not to mention that the "theme" song for the pledge drive is the theme song for my life right now. The song is "God of This City" sung by Chris Tomlin. They played it yesterday during my volunteer shift and I just started bawling. I was just overwhelmed with the truth that God is the biggest most powerful force in the universe and He desires to use us to carry out His will, if we will only surrender to Him. I have truly been blessed recently by surrendering my plans to God by deciding not to teach next year. Not only did Evan ask me to do so, but God made it VERY clear to me that I was not to go back. I didn't understand it and I fought it for awhile. After I gave in (I decided I wasn't going to go back over Christmas break) it got harder before it got easier. What made it difficult was my pride. I had to get over myself and my plans. God was so faithful, and by the end of January, had really given me a peace about my decision and helped me enjoy the rest of the year. He encouraged me all semester by reminding me that greater things were in store for me. I was often frustrated not knowing what those things were, but He kept reminding me that he hadn't forgotten about me and that he had big plans for me. Honestly, He has not revealed all He has in store for me yet but so far He has kept His promise to me and I know He will continue to do so. I know there will also be bumps in the road along the way but that it is all to draw me closer to Him and that if I can focus on the big picture, greater things are surely to come. Check out the cool video on The Wallace's blog that is set to the Chris Tomlin song.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment