The night before we were at Walmart and Evan pointed out that they had re-usable shopping bags for only $1.00. I had told him that I was thinking about getting some but didn't know how much they would cost. Since they were so cheap, I bought four of them to try out.
Evan wanted to take a picture of them as we put them in the car since the checkout lady put the reusable shopping bags...in a plastic bag. I guess that's what we get for shopping at Walmart.
When I went to the grocery store today, H.E.B. had them for $0.99 each and a coupon for buy two and get one free! Their bags were a little bigger than the Walmart ones so I got three of them to bring the grand total of re-usable shopping bags I now own up to 7! I didn't even use all of them on this grocery trip but I think that I have the perfect number when I will need to make a full trip next time.
I have to be honest that it felt really good to use them instead of the plastic bags. Not only am I helping out the environment, but it was easier to carry in all the groceries because I could put the bags over my shoulders using the straps. I am looking forward to using them at all kinds of places.
Wow. It's a good thing you stopped teaching. You're going to save this earth with all your new-found time. :) I have some of these, but I always forget to take them to the grocery - argh.
ReplyDelete