We experienced our first real snow storm a couple of weekends ago. That big storm that dumped all that snow on the North East dropped about 12 inches on us here in Charleston. All the news reports leading up to the storm said that it could be the biggest storm of the last decade...AND it was. While it is normal to get snow here, it usually never snows more than a couple of inches at a time. Almost all of it fell overnight and made the next morning very dramatic. Thankfully, it happened on a Friday night so it wasn't a huge inconvenience. There was still a lot on the ground by Monday but we had time to dig out the cars. We had a great time playing in the snow with the dogs that weekend. While it was pretty fun, I am thankful that that much snow is NOT the norm for us here. Here are some pictures:
I thought that the snow would break our table, especially since it didn't fare very well during the move.
We measured 10 inches Saturday morning when we woke up
My glasses were foggy because Evan had just hit me with a snowball! (He didn't really mean to hit me in the face....sure)
Here are some more snow pictures.
It's crazy that it snowed so much! I am glad you had a good time with it though. I have to say though that your snow man looks pretty sad without the customary carrot nose... maybe next time you are forecast to get snow I will mail you one : )
ReplyDelete(BTW - this is from Teresa. It would not let me just sign the comment from me for some reason though.)
Looks like so much fun! Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete