Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Party, Party, Party!

This past weekend, we went to San Antonio to see family and for two parties! My brother, Eric, is getting married in a little over three months and Evan and my Dad gave him a tool shower on Saturday. I wasn't there except for the very end where they opened presents but Evan said it was a lot of fun. Actually, he said it wasn't as fun as HIS tool shower, but that it was still pretty fun. This is for the obvious reason that he got to take home tools after his shower. Here is a picture of Eric opening gifts. Right after this picture, he lifted up the shovel to put it behind him and we were all nervous that he was going to put his new shovel through our father's TV!!!

p1020543.JPG

While the boys were are the shower, my Mom, Aunt Bernadette, sister Lisa, and I went to dinner and then for gelato. Evan had the camera so I don't have any pictures of us on our girls outing but it was a lot of fun. My Mom and I have talked before about how different and how much fun it is for her to interact with her children as adults. I have agreed that I have really enjoyed this latest stage of our relationship. Saturday night was a perfect example of this. We told funny stories, caught up on recent events, and just enjoyed each other's company.

On Sunday, we went to our nephew James' 1st birthday party. It was just a family birthday party but there were still about 14 people there. Anytime we get to hang out with our niece and nephew is a great time and the party was no exception. Here are some pictures:

The theme of the party was "Bouncing Balls" so Page (Evan's sister and James' Mom) made sure all the food was ball or circular shaped. It was really tasty and incredibly cute!

p1020555.JPG

James crawling out of the ball pit. Yes, they have a ball pit in their living room! It takes up a little space, but it is one of the kids favorite toys.

p1020549.JPG

James was not real sure about the candle. "My cake is on FIRE!!"

p1020561.JPG

James with his cupcake version of the cake. This was only the second time in his life that he ate sweets other than fruit. The first time was on his actual birthday a couple weeks ago when he had a similar cupcake.

p1020565.JPG

"Why is everyone staring at me and taking pictures of me?"

p1020569.JPG

After the cupcake...the sugar is starting to set in!

p1020583.JPG

Elizabeth and I in their new tent. My siblings and I had a tent similar to this one when we were growing up and it was definitely one of our favorite toys. Ours was the same size as a twin bed so you could put it on your bed and "camp" inside. It was a Pound Puppies tent....anyone remember the Pound Puppies??

p1020585.JPG

Elizabeth, James, and Page reading one of the books we got James for his birthday.

p1020617.JPG

1 comment:

  1. I used to LOVE pound puppies! I had a big puppy and a few baby puppies.

    ReplyDelete