After talking to my sister-in-law Page about how she used an ice-cream scoop (her blog posts on this: Ice Cream Scoop-Part I and Ice Cream Scoop Part II) to make cookies the other day, I was inspired to break out my cookie dough spoon for another try. As part of our wedding present from my parent's neighbor (who is an amazing baker) we got this cookie dough spoon. Here are some pictures of it in use:
It is supposed to help you spoon the perfect cookies. When I first got it, I was intrigued because I had often wondered why my cookies didn't look like the ones I would see on TV. They tasted fine but never looked like I wanted them too. So I tried the cookie dough spoon and I couldn't get it to work because the dough was always too sticky and I couldn't push it out of the spoon. I gave up using it for awhile. I then tried it on refrigerated (pre-made) cookie dough and it worked great! Although I was bummed I couldn't get it to work on home-made cookies, at least I could use it and the cookies looked great.
Well after talking to Page, I almost wanted to buy a ice-cream scoop like the one she has to try with my cookies, but I resisted. Instead, I tried spraying the cookie dough spoon with non-stick cooking spray before using (Page gave me the idea) and it worked much better. I had to spray the spoon pretty frequently, but I got it to work and the cookies turned out great. I don't know why I didn't think to use the spray before but oh well!
The only problem is that I may have gotten into using the cookie dough spoon a little too much because I poked a hole through it with my nail when I was spooning out the last couple of cookies on Monday. It still works so I will probably continue to use it.
YAY for your pretty cookies. They look yummy! I'm glad that spraying the scoop worked. You can just mail some of those cookies my way and I'll be glad to eat some of them for you. :)
ReplyDeleteI looked at the pictures from the bottom up before reading. I thought the cookie scoop was designed with the hole!
ReplyDelete