The birthday boy and his cake with Mom and Dad
Close up of the super cute and yummy cake
Or, you could have a cupcake
Page helps James put together our present to him...a Hot Wheels race track
Aunt Amy and Uncle Evan with the tired Birthday Boy
It was great to be able to spend time with everyone. Every time we see James and Elizabeth, they have grown significantly. It is very interesting to watch James as he interacts with other kids. The phrases we heard most at the party were “my turn” or “mine”. I can attest to the fact that he is getting better with sharing since his party in July. I was over playing with them yesterday and he is doing a better job sharing with Elizabeth. I am really fortunate to be able to be around them and be able to ask Page questions as a way to help build my knowledge for when the time comes for Evan and I and our own kids. Maybe it is just the teacher in me but child development just fascinates me. One of my favorite things about teaching was getting to see my students grow and progress over the course of the school year. While the changes were more subtle with my high school students than with James and Elizabeth, the changes that young kids go through are still very interesting to me.
Once we move, I will really miss getting to see them as regularly as we have been able to in the last three years while we were close by in Houston. I am definitely planning at least two more visits with Page and the kids while I am in San Antonio.
No comments:
Post a Comment