Well, actually it ended up only being a morning at the beach but we did manage to make it to Galveston in July with the dogs for some beach time. We have lived in Houston for over 3 years and had never been to the beach at Galveston. Since hurricane Ike, I really had wanted to get down there and see how Galveston was doing but seeing as it is an hour-and-a-half drive from our house, and how busy we have been lately, we didn’t really have the time to make it down there. This summer, we had quite a bit more free time so I was happy when Evan brought up the idea to go one Saturday and to take the dogs. While we both knew there was a very good possibility that they would both hate it, we were willing to try it. It was A LOT of fun! While Baxter wasn’t crazy about the water, he willingly went in if we were all there and we stayed where it was pretty shallow. Jersey had a blast jumping around and running from the oncoming waves. We were both surprised with how deep she was willing to go. We stayed at the beach for about an hour but it was great and I am really happy we went. Here are some pictures:

Checking out the beach

Baxter was not too sure about the water

Jersey enjoying the ocean

Relaxing at the beach....don't you love our dog blanket?
The parts of Galveston we drove around looked pretty good. It was weird to drive on the part of I-45 that we had seen covered with boats and other debris right after the hurricane on the news. It was also sad to see all the dead trees. Every tree we saw was dead. It was encouraging to see people shopping and sight seeing along The Strand. I am thankful we had one last opportunity to go to Galveston.
No comments:
Post a Comment