Thursday, June 11, 2009

To Drum Another Day!

p1040196

Evan got Guitar Hero World Tour for Christmas and while we have played it some since then, we have been playing it a lot in the last couple of weeks. At first we were just playing different songs and taking turns playing drums, guitar, or singing. Evan is one of those people that is just good at video games and so it came as no surprise to me that he was really good at the guitar. I am not one of those people but I still decided to try and play the drums on most of the songs. I was terrible when I started but I am improving the more we play. For the record, I am still playing on "Easy" but in my opinion it is all about having fun.

Last week we got serious and started doing band play with Evan on guitar and me on the drums. I love to sing but I don't feel like I am playing a video game when I am singing. Also, I thought the drums would be more fun even though they would be more challenging. Evan is a lot of fun to play with because he doesn't get mad at me when I mess up or cause us to get booed off stage. For the record, every time we have been booed off stage has been because of me, not Evan :) We are both very competitive but still able to have a lot of fun with it.

Last night we were playing and I started to get frustrated because I was consistently missing the note every time I was supposed to hit the red drum pad. Since I am right handed, I hit all the drums/cymbals with my right hand, except the red drum pad. I told Evan, "I think there is something wrong with my reflexes all of a sudden!" After starting three songs over because of my "poor" playing, Evan sat down to see what was going on. He was missing the red notes too! He did some more trouble shooting by playing in the Wii Freestyle mode and came to the conclusion that the red drum pad was not responding. Honestly, while I was disappointed that it was broken, I was more interested in the fact that there was nothing wrong with me!

Evan did some web research into fixing the problem since the warranty expired a while ago. Evan is VERY good at troubleshooting and fixing things. I was confident that as long as it didn't involve soldering (only because we don't have the materials) Evan could fix it. Sure enough, after taking it apart and applying a little electrical tape to reconnect the wires to the back of the drum pad, it was fixed!

No comments:

Post a Comment