
I promised more posts come the end of May and here they are! Since my last post, a lot has happened and plans have changed. Our move has been postponed and it looks like we won't be spending the first part of the summer in D.C. No worries :) God has really done a work on me since I was a teenager in the area of adapting to change. I used to really stress when plans changed or when there wasn't a plan at all. While I still struggle some with the second scenario, I am improving on the first. I'll have to post an update as to our moving time-line later when we know more. As for now, we're just enjoying the beginning of the summer.
Over Memorial Day weekend, we had a great and relaxing time. We watched movies, played on the Wii, slept in, and did some shopping. We really enjoy cooking together and I love trying out new and somewhat intimidating recipes when I know we will have the time to do it together. There was a recipe for shrimp burgers in the April issue of Southern Living that looked really good but like one of those recipes that I would tear out, put in my recipe binder, and never fix. Never fix because of the prep that was involved and good shrimp can be expensive and it would take a lot of planning. I decided Memorial Day would be a perfect opportunity to try the recipe since we didn't have much else going on. We went to the grocery store in the morning, did all the prep stuff after lunch and then had them for dinner. They were pretty good and the sweet and spicy tartar sauce definately had a kick to it. I don't know if we'll ever make them again but it was a lot of fun! Here are some pictures:
[caption id="attachment_232" align="aligncenter" width="320" caption="Amy making the patties"]
[/caption][caption id="attachment_234" align="aligncenter" width="242" caption="Evan making his shrimp burger"]
[/caption][caption id="attachment_235" align="aligncenter" width="320" caption="Enjoying our shrimp burgers"]
[/caption]
No comments:
Post a Comment