So, I mentioned two posts ago that I would "explain later" why things would not be slowing down anytime soon....so here it goes. We are going to be moving. Not real soon, but it is going to happen. Basically, Evan is probably going to be taking a job in the near future that will require us to move. The details, at this point, are a little fuzzy, but the odds are by Spring 2009, we will be moving. There are a lot of issues to be worked out and it is not a sure thing yet, but it will most likely happen, we're just not sure when. We are confident enough that this opportunity will work out for Evan to go ahead and put the house on the market. That is why we have been working so hard to finish all the remodeling projects around the house. Because of the current housing market and the great likelihood that we need to sell our house eventually, we are trying to put our house on the market sooner rather than later. Thankfully, since Evan currently works from home, if the house were to sell before we know we are moving, we could just go stay with our parents and he could continue working from there. We will just have to wait and see what God has in-store for us. As you can imagine, we are very excited. God has really brought me a long way when it comes to anxiety. I used to be controlled by it, but now, while all this is stressful for me at times, He has really helped me enjoy all of it instead of focusing on the unknown aspects that we can't control.
So there you have it. All this stuff with Evan's job has also been why I haven't blogged much in the last couple of months. There have been a lot of things happening but we were waiting to blog about them until more people at Evan's current job knew. Also, some of it is just stuff we wanted to keep private. It had been hard to not include some of the exciting stuff that has happened recently since I see this blog as a kind of scrapbook for us. Although, I guess that is also part of having a blog, instead of an actual scrapbook. We have to make decisions about how much we want to share with the world. When we started the blog, we decided that we wouldn't be sharing all of the details of our lives but that it would be a way to keep family and friends up to date with us. Since I took over writing I have continued this philosophy and added a "scrapbook-like" element to it. While I know we aren't planning on changing the original philosophy of the blog anytime soon, I am still looking forward to the future and getting to blog about most of it :) I guess I could start scrap-booking to capture the more personal moments in our lives, but I don't really see myself keeping up with it. I like the idea of scrap-booking but I don't know...it just seems like a lot of work. Although, I was definitely eyeing all the cute scrap-booking stuff the lady in front of me at Hobby Lobby was purchasing this morning.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment