Monday, July 20, 2009

Kristi's Baby Shower

About three weeks ago, I took part in hosting a baby shower for one of the girls from our small group, Kristi. Kristi and her husband Chet are expecting a baby girl, Adalyn, at the end of July. It was a lot of fun and the shower turned out really well. Not many people were able to attend, but we still had a great time. Teresa, who graciously let us use her house for the shower, also made all the food. Teresa is not only an expert on all things culinary, but she is also the bravest cook I know. When we have Bible study at her house, you can always expect something different but delicious for dinner. My favorite dinner so far was the night she made Pho and spring rolls. Anyway, we were just going to have fixings for sandwiches but Teresa exceeded the expectations by making the bread, roasting and slicing the chicken (with her food slicer), and made potato chips. Everything was delicious. I made coconut cupcakes for dessert that also turned out pretty good. I am terrible at icing cupcakes and I ran out of time so I brought them to ice at Teresa's house before the shower started. You'll see in the pictures that the ones Teresa iced look great while mine are the ones with the icing running down the sides. I will definitely make these cupcakes again for showers in the future but I will work on my icing technique.

We also played a fun game that Shae put together. She made two posters covered with sticky notes that were numbered and had pregnancy terms written under them. You had to choose numbers from each poster hoping to find that you had matched pregnancy terms (like playing a game of Memory). If you found a match, you won candy that went with that term. For example, lets say you were able to find the numbers that both had the term "breast feeding", then you got a Milky Way. It was a great game!

Overall the shower was great and Kristi received a lot of great things. Only about a week and a half left before Baby Adalyn gets to see all of them for herself!

Here are some pictures:

[caption id="attachment_288" align="aligncenter" width="480" caption="The beautiful table with the delicious food"]The beautiful table with the delicious food[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_289" align="aligncenter" width="480" caption="The cupcakes (iced by Teresa)"]The cupcakes (iced by Teresa)[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_290" align="aligncenter" width="441" caption="One of the cupcakes I iced"]The cupcakes iced by Amy[/caption]

1 comment:

  1. I like yours better--just because you made them! Love, Judy

    ReplyDelete