So I decided that we needed to have a big birthday bash for my wife. She's been wanting to redo our guest bathroom for a while so I decided having a set date (the party) would give me the motivation I needed to actually get the job done.
Here’s what we started with. Those “tiles” on the floor are actually vinyl tiles that have been glued down. We ripped those up and replaced them with ceramic tiles. It took quite a bit longer than I originally planned. Between the extra drying time that was needed (I had to do the tiling in two batches) and the extras that had to be done (taking out the baseboards, the toilet, repairing the cabinets, repairing drywall, etc) it didn’t go exactly as planned. We had planned to have the cabinet painted, walls painted, and baseboards painted, but we only got the tile in, the toilet back in and part of the cabinet painted (the part we repaired). We also had to repair some drywall holes (one caused by someone ripping out the towel bar, one caused by me because it was rotted). So this is what it looks like mid project (almost done).
And here it is, as it stands today:
Left to do? Sand and paint the cabinet. Paint the walls and baseboards. Caulk.
A big thank you to a certain friend (who shall remain nameless unless he wants the credit) for coming over to help with the toilet and the baseboards.
Now, who wants to come over and paint?



No comments:
Post a Comment